Agile Test Automation (ATA)
The fast-pace and iterative delivery of Agile projects requires advanced test automation to ensure that quality software product is delivered with high test coverage. This test automation class addresses practical techniques tester-developers must employ to ensure they write high-coverage test code and qualifies for ICAgile’s Certified Professional in Agile Test Automation (ICP-ATA).
Who should attend
While the course qualifies for an ICAgile certificate, the class is not written like an exam prep course. The material is designed for hands-on, Agile training in test automation.
Prior to attending this course, attendees should have attended:
- Course , Agile Fundamentals: Scrum, Kanban, Lean and XP, or Course , Certified ScrumMaster®
- Work experience in programming, software development, and testing
- Work experience as an Agile Tester, Agile Programmer, DevOps Engineer, Test Manager, and other roles that ensure sustainable quality and efficient use of tools and time.
- Taking Course , Agile Testing Strategies and Practices, is recommended, either before or after this course, to complete the ICAgile certification pathway for Agile Testing.
- Students will be emailed a short document to review before class. Understanding the content of this pre-course reading is required before class.
- Achieve optimal quality in Agile projects through test automation
- Code user story and feature tests with ATDD (Acceptance Test-Driven Development) and BDD (Behaviour-Driven Development) to validate product value
- Tool your project to cover functional and non-functional testing
- Leverage test design patterns to achieve high coverage
- Design test code and data for long-term success
- ICAgile: To obtain ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Test Automation, students will need to pass the Learning Tree exam. Once notification of passing the exam has been received, contact Learning Tree's customer service to request registration with ICAgile.
- Scrum Alliance: This course qualifies for 2 days of technical training towards the Certified Scrum Developer certification. To obtain Scrum Education Units (SEUs), students will need to pass the Learning Tree exam. Once notification of passing the exam has been received, contact Learning Tree's customer service to request registration with Scrum Alliance.