Fundamentals of DevOps (ICP-FDO Certification) (FDO)
Gain the skills to increase ROI when building and delivering software in an Agile environment. With this DevOps training, you learn how to select appropriate tools and configure them to form a continuous development-delivery-operations support pipeline. This course qualifies for the ICAgile Certified Professional in Foundations of DevOps (ICP-FDO) certification and Scrum Alliance SEUs.
Who should attend
While the course qualifies for an ICAgile certificate, the class is not written like an exam prep course. The material is designed for hands-on training in DevOps.
This course exposes students to different tools employed by DevOps practitioners, including:
- Git for configuration management
- Maven for build automation
- Jenkins for continuous integration orchestration
- SonarQube for code analysis
- Docker for application containerisation
Prior to attending this course, attendees should have attended:
- Course Agile Fundamentals: Scrum, Kanban, Lean and XP (AGFUND) Agile Fundamentals: Scrum, Kanban, Lean and XP, or
- Course Agile Certified Scrum Master (ACSM) Certified ScrumMaster®
- Work experience in Agile software development
- Knowledge of system administration, and source code versioning
- Work experience as an DevOps Engineer, DevOps Manager, Tester, Hands-On Test Manager, or other roles that ensure the development cycle on software projects is achieved through optimised schedules, costs, and quality.
- Students will be emailed a short document to review before class. Understanding the content of this pre-course reading is required before class, so more in-class time can be devoted to implementing DevOps.
- Achieve the ICAgile Certified Professional in Foundations of DevOps (ICP-FDO) recognition
- Execute Continuous Deployment (CD) by coding sharp deployment pipelines
- Create real-time feedback by configuring continuous integration and building automation tools
- Optimise operations by leveraging virtualisation, containers, and cloud technologies
- Use a Lean toolkit to foster the ultimate DevOps culture
- ICAgile: To obtain ICAgile Certified Professional in the Fundamentals of DevOps, students will need to pass the Learning Tree exam. Once notification of passing the exam has been received, contact Learning Tree's customer service to request registration with ICAgile.
- Scrum Alliance: This course qualifies for the 3-day technical portion of the Certified Scrum Developer. To obtain Scrum Education Units (SEUs), students will need to pass the Learning Tree exam. Once notification of passing the exam has been received, contact Learning Tree's customer service to request registration with Scrum Alliance.