UNIX Advanced Shell Programming Tools (UT)
The UNIX Advanced Shell Programming Tools course is designed to give delegates practical experience using a range of UNIX tools to manipulate text and incorporate them into UNIX shell scripts.
Who should attend
Programmers, developers and system administrators who need to construct shell scripts using advanced text handling facilities.
The UNIX Advanced Shell Programming Tools course assumes knowledge of the UNIX Operating System to the level covered in the !UNIX Shell Programming (SP) is also necessary.course. Some shell programming experience to the level covered in
- Backing up and restoring files with tar
- File compression
- Scheduling background jobs with crontab and at
- Comparing file contents
- Splitting files
- Identifying and translating characters
- Review of regular expressions
- Editing text files with sed
- Pattern scanning and report generating with awk
- Debugging awk scripts
- Miscellaneous commands
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.