UNIX Introduction (UI)
This Unix Operating System training course introduces the delegate to the main concepts of the UNIX Operating System. The most commonly used unix commands and utilities are described in detail as are the command line wildcard and redirection facilities. The mechanisms by which a user acquires a login environment are discussed and the main features of the Korn/Posix/Bash Shells are introduced.
Who should attend
Anyone who needs to understand and use the UNIX Operating System.
There are no formal pre-requisites for the UNIX Introduction course, although an understanding of and exposure to information technology is advantageous. Experience of IT and an understanding of operating systems are required.
- Creating, copying, renaming, moving and deleting files and directories
- Using the shell's redirection and pipe facilities
- Editing text files using the vi editor
- Setting and changing access permissions on files
- Monitoring and controlling their own processes
- Using the basic file and text searching utilities
- Customising their own login environment
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.