ITIL® 4 Leader Digital and IT Strategy (ITIL4LDIS)
ITIL 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy is the final module to launch from the ITIL 4 certification scheme and completes the ITIL 4 Strategic Leader designation. ITIL 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy adds a new perspective to the ITIL 4 guidance and elevates the discussion around ITIL concepts to an organisational strategy level.
The module enables IT and digital leaders to influence and drive strategic business decisions, by helping them to:
- Create an appropriate digital strategy aligned to the wider business goals.
- Understand how business and IT leaders across the globe are responding to digital disruption by reshaping corporate strategy, adapting processes and even repurposing entire business models.
- Explore the use of the ITIL 4 framework to support organisations on their digital transformation journey, addressing service management challenges and utilising new technology.
The course prepares you for the ITIL 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy exam.
Who should attend
This module is for IT and business directors, heads of department, aspiring C-Suite professionals and other senior business leaders across the organisation
To take this module, candidates must hold either:
- A certificate in ITIL 4 Foundation
- A certificate in the ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition module
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they have a minimum of three year’s managerial experience.
What do I need to complete before the instructor-led class?
- Before your event, you will be sent an electronic pre-course study guide and the ITIL 4 Leader DITS Publication, which you should read as part of the 21 hours of personal study.
- This course includes group assignments during the class. You are required to pass the assignments to be eligible to take the ITIL 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy exam.
- Demonstrate the use of ITIL Guiding Principles in Digital and IT Strategy decisions and activities
- Understand why organisations need to change the way they do business in markets disrupted by digital and information technology, and relate this to the concepts of strategy that they will need to master as they make these changes
- Relate the concepts of Digital and IT Strategy, the Service Value System and the Service Value Chain and explain how they work together to create value in markets being transformed by digital and information technology
- Understand how an organisation uses Digital and IT Strategy to remain viable in environments disrupted by digital technology
- Understand strategic approaches made possible by digital and information technology to achieve customer / market relevance and operational excellence
- Understand the risks and opportunities of Digital and IT Strategy
- Understand the steps and techniques involved in defining and advocating for a Digital and IT Strategy
- Understand how to implement a Digital and IT Strategy