Visual Basic Programming for .Net (VBP)
Learn how to create robust, advanced Windows or ASP.NET web applications using Visual Basic. In this training course, you will develop the skills to leverage the object-oriented capabilities of Visual Basic to create multi-tier applications that include relational database access. Visual Basic enables developers to rapidly assemble well-architected applications that run on the Microsoft .NET framework.
Who should attend
This course uses Visual Studio 2013 but is useful to those using an earlier version
- Experience with any programming language, such as Visual Basic 6 or earlier, VBScript, VBA, C, or Pascal
- You should know how to: ◦Create a forms-based application
- Write a loop to iterate through the strings in a list box
- Define a variable that will hold floating point values
- Program "If" statements and "While and For" loops
- Write functions
- Construct web and Windows applications that fully exploit Visual Basic and .NET
- Model business logic by coding classes with fields, properties, methods, and events
- Apply inheritance, interfaces, and polymorphism
- Harness EF, LINQ, and lambda functions for data access
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.