MySQL Database Administration (MYSDBA)
This MySQL Database Administration course is designed for MySQL Database Administrators who have a basic understanding of a MySQL database and SQL commands. The course provides practical experience in setting up and maintaining a MySQL server, including backing up, recovery, configuration and tuning.
Note: Delegates who are also considering attending the 3 Day MySQL Database Administration for Experienced Database Administrators should note that both courses cover the same content but the 3 day course is delivered at a faster pace due to the delegates already having database administration experience.
Examinations The MySQL Database Administration course will teach the major topics required for the delegate to work towards achieving the Oracle Certified Professional MySQL 5.6 Database Administrator Exam (1Z0-883). Before taking any exam, ensure you have the recommended experience. The Oracle website lists all exam requirements and these are updated regularly. Exams are not included as part of the course.
Who should attend
Anyone who needs to administer, monitor and support MySQL databases and servers.
A working knowledge of MySQL is required. This can be gained by attendance on the Introduction to MySQL course.
- Using Client Programs for MySQL DBA Work
- Obtaining Metadata
- Configuring the Server
- Server Installation, Administration and Upgrading
- Setting up Character Set Support
- Configuring Log Files
- Interpreting Error Messages
- Creating, Altering and Dropping Databases and Tables
- Locking and Transactions
- Using Storage Engines, including the MyISAM and InnoDB engines
- Table Maintenance
- Backup and Recovery, including Exporting (mysqldump) and Importing (mysqlimport)
- Administering Users and Privileges
- Using Stored Procedures and Triggers for Database Administration Tasks
- Securing the Server
- Tuning Queries
- Tuning Tables and Indexes
- Tuning the Server
- Using the Event Scheduler
- Creating Partitioned Tables
- Using MySQL Workbench
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.