Linux Shell Programming (LSP)
This Linux Bash Shell Programming training course is designed to give delegates practical experience in developing and writing LINUX shell scripts. Most of the built-in shell commands are introduced together with the main program control structures. This course is not suitable for C shell programmers.
Who should attend
Programmers, administrators and support personnel who need to understand existing shell scripts, automate procedures and write their own utilities.
The Linux Shell Programming course assumes knowledge of the LINUX Operating System to the level covered in thecourse. Some programming experience may also prove advantageous.
To provide the skills needed to develop and customise shell programs.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Writing simple scripts to enhance basic command output
- Using the various shell quoting mechanisms appropriately
- Manipulating shell variables and user-defined variables in scripts
- Implementing conditional execution facilities
- Using the shell's built-in loop constructs where appropriate
- Writing scripts to trap user interrupts
- User defined Functions
- Developing menu-driven shell scripts
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.