Linux System Administration (LPI & CompTIA) (LSA)
This instructor led Linux System Administration (LPI & CompTIA) training course is designed to teach the key administration, security, networking and performance tasks required on a Linux Enterprise system.
Similarly, the course is targeted to closely follow the official Linux Professional Institute (LPI) and CompTIA Linux+ certification curriculums.
Who should attend
The Linux System Administration (LPI & CompTIA) training course is suitable for novice Linux System Administrators, Programmers and other technical IT staff who need to acquire administration knowledge of the key administrative, networking, performance and security tasks required on a Linux operating system within the Enterprise.
An ideal course for delegates who will be working in an environment using several different Linux distributions and therefore knowledge of skills common to all the different Linux distributions is required. For the purpose of practical exercises, SUSE Linux will be used.
Delegates who wish to work towards achieving the Linux Administrator LPIC-1 or CompTIA Linux+ certifications will find this course a good basis for LPIC-1: 101-400 and 102-400 exams or CompTIA Linux+: LX0-103 and LX0-104 exams.
The appendixes also include other related topics that would be useful reading for delegates preparing for certification.
Note: Should the delegate only require knowledge of Red Hat Linux then they should instead consider attending our range of Red Hat Linux Administration courses.
This Linux System Administration (LPI & CompTIA) course assumes good knowledge of the Linux operating system in an Enterprise environment to the level covered in the Linux Introduction course. Alternatively, relevant experience of UNIX or Linux servers is required, preferably within an enterprise environment.
Knowledge of Linux Shell Programming to the level covered on the Linux Shell Programming course would also be beneficial.
- Linux Introduction Linux Introduction (LI)
On completion of this course the delegate will have the required technical knowledge to administer a Linux server within the Enterprise. They will have gained practical experience of configuring administrative, networking, performance and security aspects of a Linux Enterprise system.
The delegate will possess the essential knowledge required to study towards the Linux Administrator LPIC-1 and CompTIA Linux+ certifications.
The Linux System Administration (LPI & CompTIA) training course will teach some of the necessary skills to enable the delegate to work towards achieving the following certifications:
- Linux Administrator LPIC-1: 101-400 and 102-400 exams
- CompTIA Linux+: LX0-103 and LX0-104 exams
This course together with the Linux Introduction and Linux Shell Programming or the combined Linux Fundamentals course, covers the major topics required, for the Linux Administrator LPIC-1 and the CompTIA Linux+ qualifications.
Before taking any exam, ensure you have the recommended experience. The LPI and CompTIA websites list all exam requirements and these are updated regularly.
Exams are not included as part of the course.
Follow on Courses
- Linux Advanced System Administration (LPI)
- Linux Advanced Shell Programming Tools
- Apache Web Server
- Perl Programming
- Oracle SQL
The delegate will have knowledge in all, and practise in some, of the following:
- Performing administrative tasks via supplied tools (YaST) and the command line
- Comparison and management of Linux file systems
- Understanding Logical Volume Management
- Configuring disk quotas
- Listing, creating and removing swap space
- Managing users and groups
- Configuring the environment and user limits
- Extended permissions and sudo
- Managing software packages and updating Linux
- Understanding GRUB and the startup process
- Configuring startup scripts
- Managing units and services
- Changing run levels and system shutdown
- Configuring local and remote printers
- Managing processes and job scheduling
- Configuring SSH and encrypting data
- IPv4 and IPv6 networking
- Understanding network protocols
- Managing xinet and network services (ftp, telnet etc)
- Configuring local and network time
- Remote system administration
- Creating backups and compressing data
- Modifying language and time zone settings
- Creating MariaDB databases and working with SQL
- Understanding hardware and device files
- Configuring system logging and rotating logs
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date