The Implementing Cisco SD-WAN Security and Cloud Solutions (SDWSCS) v1.0 course is an advanced training course focused on Cisco SD-WAN security and cloud services. Through a series of labs and lectures you will learn about on-box security services, including application aware enterprise firewall, intrusion prevention, URL filtering, malware protection, and TLS or SSL decryption. You will also learn about cloud integration with multiple cloud services providers and multiple use-cases.
Additionally, the lab will allow you to configure and deploy local security services and cloud security services with the Cisco Umbrella Secure Internet Gateway (SIG), as well as integrate the Cisco SD-WAN fabric with a cloud service provider using the Cisco vManage automated workflows.
How you'll benefit This course will help you:
- Introduce you to the security and cloud services available in Cisco SD-WAN.
- Help you understand drivers, benefits, available features, and the architecture of Cisco SD-WAN integrated and distributed security and cloud networking services.
Who should attend
This course is designed for the following roles:
- Network engineers
- Network security engineers
- Network architects
- Sales/presales engineers
Before taking this course, you should have a:
- Basic understanding of enterprise routing
- Basic understanding of WAN networking
- Basic understanding of Cisco SD-WAN
- Basic understanding of Public Cloud services
These recommended Cisco learning offerings may help students meet these prerequisites:
After completing the course, you should be able to:
- Describe Cisco SD-WAN security functions and deployment options
- Understand how to deploy on-premises threat prevention
- Describe content filtering options
- Implement secure Direct Internet Access (DIA)
- Explain and implement service chaining
- Explore Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) and identify use cases
- Describe Umbrella Secure Internet Gateway (SIG) and deployment options
- Implement Cisco Umbrella SIG and DNS policies
- Explore and implement Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) and identify use cases (including Microsoft 365)
- Discover how to use Cisco ThousandEyes to monitor cloud services
- Configure Cisco ThousandEyes to monitor Microsoft 365 applications
- Examine how to protect and optimize access to the software as a service (SaaS) application with Cisco SD-WAN Cloud OnRamp
- Discover and deploy Cloud OnRamp for multi-cloud, including interconnect and collocation use cases
- Examine Cisco SD-WAN monitoring capabilities and features with vManage and vAnalytics.