This 3 day course provides an understanding of basic concepts and skills necessary to configure Check Point Security Gateway and Management Software Blades.
- General knowledge of TCP/IP
- Working knowledge of Windows and/or UNIX, network technology and the Internet
- Interpret the concept of a Firewall and understand the mechanisms used for controlling network traffic.
- Describe the key elements of Check Point’s unified Security Management Architecture.
- Recognize SmartConsole features, functions and tools.
- Understand Check Point deployment options.
- Describe the basic functions of Gaia.
- Describe the essential elements of a Security Policy.
- Understand how traffic inspection takes place in a unified Security Policy.
- Summarize how administration roles and permissions assist in managing policy.
- Recall how to implement backup techniques.
- Understand the Check Point policy layer concept.
- Recognize Check Point security solutions and products and how they work to protect your network.
- Understand licensing and contract requirements for Check Point security products.
- Identify tools designed to monitor data, determine threats and recognize performance improvements.
- Identify tools designed to respond quickly and efficiently to changes in gateways, tunnels, remote users, traffic flow patterns, and other activities.
- Understand Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN deployments and communities.
- Understand how to analyze and interpret VPN traffic.
- Recognize how to define users and user groups.
- Understand how to manage user access for internal and external users.
- Understand the basic concepts of ClusterXL technology and its advantages.
- Understand how to perform periodic administrator tasks as specified in administrator job descriptions
- Introduction to Check Point Technology
- Security Policy Management
- Policy Layers
- Check Point Security Solutions and Licensing
- Traffic Visibility
- Basic Concepts of VPN
- Managing User Access
- Working with ClusterXL
- Administrator Task Implementation