- Guaranteed To Run Courses
- Course Savings
- New Courses
- Fast Lane LIVE E-Learning
- Training by Vendor
- Amazon Web Services»
- Arista Training
- Fast Lane Courses»
- Google Cloud»
- Palo Alto Networks»
- Red Hat»
- Other Vendors»
- Training by Technology
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Big Data & Analytics
- Cloud Computing
- Cyber Security
- Data Center
- DevOps Software Deployment
- End User Training
- Enterprise Mobility
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Professional Services
- Consulting & Professional Services
News & Events
Aruba Networks and Fast Lane expand training partnership
Fast Lane is one of the Training Industry Top IT Training Companies for the 13th year in a row
The evolution of Cisco’s professional certification program
Bringing software skills and software practices to networking and IT with Cisco Certifications and DevNet.
Cisco is revolutionising the role of network professionals and software developers to drive technology innovation and accelerate business. As Cisco reinvents the future of networking, DevNet (Cisco’s developer program) is bringing together software developers and certified network professionals into one community to enable unparalleled collaboration and best practice sharing and to pioneer new levels of automation capabilities. In addition, Cisco is introducing an industry-changing expansion of its professional certification program that embraces both the network professional and software developer and adding a new community-based developer center to accelerate adoption and success with network automation.
Cisco’s intent-based networking has led to a fundamental shift in the role networks play in business and changes how networking is done. The role of the networking professional has changed as it moves away from manual, time intensive tasks and into the world where IT, DevOps and application and cloud developers work together. To fully leverage the capabilities of this new network, organisations must leverage software practices, networking and software skills and an engaged community that solves technology challenges together.
“Networking technology has evolved significantly over the last five years and the new network can accelerate business, catalyze new applications, and bring DevOps practices to networks,” said Susie Wee, SVP/CTO and founder of Cisco DevNet. “We are bringing software skills to the networking industry with new Cisco DevNet certifications. In addition, we are bringing software practices to networking by having a community of networkers and developers work together to solve tough network automation problems through shared code repositories. This will allow the industry to take full advantage of the capabilities of the new network to accelerate business.”
- Evolution of Cisco’s professional certification program embraces both the network professional and now the software developer into one community to create the IT team of the future.
- Cisco’s certification and training program now includes DevNet certifications and is designed for both the network professional and software developer to optimise and write applications for the new network and choose the technology skills they want to develop.
- Network automation is one of IT’s biggest challenges. The DevNet Automation Exchange provides shared code repositories which solve use cases for network automation and guides teams through their journey with a walk-run-fly methodology. Code is developed by the community and curated by Cisco as network automation best practices are developed by industry experts.
Fast Lane will of course keep you informed when all the new courses and certification tracks are live and available. If you do have any questions or would like to discuss with your account manager please feel free to get in contact with us.