Various options for your recertification:
Attend any Cisco training and earn CE-Credits!
Continuing education should be fun—With the Cisco Continuing Education Program you decide with which training you renew your certification! The long-term continuing education program, offers you flexible opportunities to expand your certifications, knowledge and skills. Stay up-to-date as an IT professional and maintain your status as a Cisco Professional. Simply earn CE-Credits per training and receive credit toward recertification!
Renew your certifications!
Cisco offers a variety of options for recertification through the Continuing Education Program. In addition to the traditional exams, already Cisco-certified IT professionals can renew their certification by choosing one of many continuing education options that will maintain, enhance, or deepen your skill set.
How to renew your certification:
To recertify through the Continuing Education Program, the following steps should be taken:
- Enrollment in the program by logging into the Continuing Education Portal.
- Agreeing to the Continuing Education Terms and Conditions as part of the enrollment process.
- Complete your chosen recertification pathway, which may include earning a specified number of CE-Credits from pre-approved continuing education courses.
- Submit your CE-Credits for the completed courses for recognition through the Continuing Education Portal within 90 days.
- Track your progress in the Certification Tracking System (except CCIE/CCDE).
- CCIE/CCDE recertification status can be tracked via the CCIE Tracker.
- Recertification is automatically processed when criteria are met/approved
- Candidates must have active certification (from the date of certification acquisition to the date of certification/re-certification expiration) to receive credit
All requirements for recertification must be met by your certification expiration date. If your certification has already expired, you must recertify by examination to earn your active certification status. You can recertify at any time during your active certification period by advancing to the next level of certification, earning continuing education credits, or a combination of both.
The Cisco recertification policy applies.
Continuing Education Requirements
|Certification level & duration
|Continuing Education only
|Combination of Continuing Education & Exam
Associate - 3 years
Earn 30 CE credits
Specialist - 3 years
Earn 40 CE credits
Professional - 3 years
Earn 80 CE credits
CCIE – 3 years
Earn 120 CE credits
CCDE – 3 years
Earn 120 CE credits