Sonus SBC Core Support Certification Training (SBC5K)
This course is designed for Channel Partners and Customers tasked with implementing converged voice and data solutions using session border controllers in their network. The hands-on training addresses application components (including hardware where appropriate) used to configure, manage, and troubleshoot the SBC 5x00, SBC 7000, and the SBC SWe platforms. These components include: the Embedded Management Application (EMA), Embedded Call Routing Engine (ERE), and all provisioned elements required for peer-to-peer call/session environments. The course also covers the provisioning for media interworking using transcoding. This training requires you to view several videos prior to class. The content of these videos will be briefly reviewed in class with time for any questions you may have regarding the material. You will receive more information regarding the videos when you register for class.
Who should attend
System engineers, consultants and integrators, including Channel Partners working toward technical certification, who are responsible for the implementation, management and support of Sonus VoIP equipment.
- Knowledge of SIP, SIP & IP Internetworking, IP PBX
- Completion of assigned eLearning modules
- This training requires you to view several videos prior to class. The content of these videos will be briefly reviewed in class with time for any questions you may have regarding the material. You will receive more information regarding the videos when you register for class.
- Understand the usage and implementation scenarios for deploying the SBC applications into peering & access environments
- Explain the hardware components that make up the SBC 5x00/7000 machines
- Utilize the SBC Application Web Interface and Command Line Interface for provisioning and troubleshooting
- Describe various external call flow scenarios
- Provision the SBC Application for call routing in peer-to-peer and peer-to-peer-withtranscoding environments
- Perform software installations, system configurations
- Perform system backup and restore
- Read and manage event logs
- Debug the system for fault resolution
- Effectively use the packet capture tools
- Review system calls and perform troubleshooting tasks
- Use advance troubleshooting to resolve packet audio problems
- Provision access control lists (ACLs) and call admission controls (CAC) for system security
Duration 5 days
Price (excl. VAT)
Country: GB£ 1,450.-
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date