Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server (20463)
This course covers implementation of a data warehouse platform to support a BI solution. Topics covered include creating a data warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2014, implementing ETL with SQL Server Integration Services, and validating and cleansing data with SQL Server Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services.
Who should attend
Database professionals who need to create and support a data warehousing solution. Primary responsibilities include:
- Implementing a data warehouse.
- Developing SSIS packages for data extraction, transformation, and loading.
- Enforcing data integrity by using Master Data Services.
- Cleansing data by using Data Quality Services.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- At least 2 years of experience working with relational databases, including:
- Designing a normalized database.
- Creating tables and relationships.
- Querying with Transact-SQL.
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching).
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Describe data warehouse concepts and architecture considerations.
- Select an appropriate hardware platform for a data warehouse.
- Design and implement a data warehouse.
- Implement Data Flow in an SSIS Package.
- Implement Control Flow in an SSIS Package.
- Debug and Troubleshoot SSIS packages.
- Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data extraction.
- Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data loading.
- Implement data cleansing by using Microsoft Data Quality Services.
- Implement Master Data Services to enforce data integrity.
- Extend SSIS with custom scripts and components.
- Deploy and Configure SSIS packages.
- Describe how BI solutions can consume data from the data warehouse.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date