Oracle Database 12c: New Features For Administrators (ORNFDB12C)
This is a multi-volume training that covers the major new features of the Oracle 12c database of interest to database and other enterprise administrators. The single most important new capability introduced with the Oracle 12c release of the database is the multitenant database feature. With this technology, the Oracle database can be a full participant in a cloud computing-based application architecture. Even a traditional on-premise systems architecture can be dynamically and dramatically transformed as a result of this feature. Many traditional and new database features are enhanced or introduced when a multitenant database configuration is used. Introduced with the Oracle 12c release of the database are many advanced storage administration features. Some of these new features support various forms of in-memory storage, advanced compression and other capabilities targeted for high-performance environments and massive scalability.
Who should attend
The primary target audiences for this training are:
- Database administrators
- Storage administrators
- System administrators
- Implementation specialists
- Data center support engineers
This training course covers the following topics:
- Enhancements to the administration framework of the database, including the Enterprise Manager Cloud Control, Enterprise Manager Database Express and SQL Developer database administration capabilities.
- Enhancements to the security framework of the database, including unified auditing, finegrained super administrator privileges, data redaction and privilege analysis.
- Expanded performance options such as in-memory columnar storage, the in-memory database option and big table caching.
- Performance monitoring enhancements, such as database operation monitoring, emergency monitoring and real-time ADDM.
- Database consolidation using consolidated databases (cDBs) consisting of dozens or even hundreds of pluggable databases (pDBs).
- Advanced database storage options such as advanced compression, enhanced columnar compression and online movement of objects.
- Advanced compression techniques for tables and indexes.
- Columnar vs. row-oriented database storage and the use of hybrid columnar compression.
- Heat map tracking of segment access to measure hot, warm and cold areas of the database that could be targeted for optimization.
- ILM data management and support for that framework with available features of the Oracle database.
- Automatic data optimization and policies that automatically implement the ILM concepts of row-level compression tiering, segment-level compression tiering and segment-level storage tiering.
- Implementing custom ILM storage management policies.
- In-memory storage of database objects, including big table caching, full database caching and in-memory column stores.
- Archiving inactive data inside the database while not degrading performance while limiting added storage costs.
- Introduce temporal validity into a table and perform flashback query operations using temporal validity criteria.
- Data redaction that allows data privacy policies to be dynamically enforced during queries.
- Oracle 12c & The Database Utilities
- Database Security Enhancements
- ADR & Network Enhancements
- Performance Improvements
- Fundamentals: The Multitenant Database Architecture
- Fundamentals: Creating & Connecting To Multitenant Databases
- Fundamentals: Multitenant Database Security Management
- Provisioning: Provisioning pDBs From pdb$seed
- Provisioning: Additional pDB Provisioning
- Administration: Administering Multitenant Databases
- Administration: Multitenant Storage Management
- Administration: Multitenant Backup & Recovery
- Administration: Multitenant Resource Management
- Advanced Compression
- Heat Map Tracking & Automatic Data Optimization (ADO)
- In-Memory Storage
- In-Database Archiving
- Data Redaction
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date