Cisco IOS XR Layer 3 VPN Implementation and Verification (IOSXR301)
The Cisco IOS XRLayer 3 VPN Implementation and Verification (IOSXR301) v1.1 course shows you how to implement and verify Layer 3 VPN services on a Cisco®Internetwork Operating System (IOS) XR network. You will learn how to implement and verify Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) in the core of a service provider network, including implementing LDP session protection, LDP nonstop routing, graceful restart, LDP-IGP (Interior Gateway Protocol) synchronization, LDP auto configuration, and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) solutions. You will also learn how to implement and verify intra-AS Layer 3 VPNs using MP-BGP (Multiprotocol Border Gateway Protocol) in core network and various Provider Edge–Customer Edge (PE-CE) route distribution methods, including using static routing and BGP. And you will learn how to implement and verify inter–Autonomous System (AS) Layer 3 VPNs using various methods including inter-AS Layer 3 VPN options A, B, and C.
This course is part of a portfolio of courses designed to help you support and maintain Cisco IOS®XR platforms, including Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers and Carrier Routing System CRS-1, CRS-3, and CRS-X; and Cisco Network Convergence System (NCS) Series 1000, 4000, 5000, 5500, and 6000.
Who should attend
This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to implement Layer 3 VPN services on Cisco IOS XR platforms for a service provider or large enterprise network.
- Implementation and design engineers
- Network planning engineers
Before attending this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Completion of the Introduction to Cisco IOS XR (IOSXR100) course, or equivalent hands-on experience configuring and supporting Cisco IOS XR–based routers
- Completion of the Cisco IOS XR System Administration (IOSXR200) course, or equivalent hands-on experience configuring and supporting Cisco IOS XR–based routers
- Efficiently configure Cisco IOS XR software-based platforms
- Configure and troubleshoot Interior Gateway Protocol (Intermediate System to Intermediate System [IS-IS] Protocol and Open Shortest Path First [OSPF] Protocol) routing
- Configure and troubleshoot BGP routing
This course will help you:
- Prepare to implement Layer 3 VPN services on Cisco IOS XR platforms
- Practice what you learn through hands-on labs
After taking this course, you should be able to implement and verify:
- MPLS LDP in a service provider network
- Intra-AS Layer 3 VPNs
- Inter-AS Layer 3 VPNs
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date