TOGAF® - the Enterprise Architecture standard used by the world’s leading organizations to improve business efficiency
TOGAF®, an Open Group certification, is the open enterprise architecture standard used by the world’s leading organizations to improve business efficiency. The TOGAF Certification Program has enabled more than 25,000 enterprise architects and trainers around the globe to demonstrate their proven knowledge of the framework.
Certification is achieved through a two-part exam, following a course of self-study or an Accredited TOGAF 9 Training Course. The current syllabus is based on the TOGAF 9.1 standard since December 2011.
The Open Group TOGAF 9 certification is:
- Used by the world’s leading enterprises to certify a common body of core knowledge about the methodology and framework
- A trusted, vendor-neutral, globally recognized and portable credential
- Valuable in demonstrating to employers and peers your commitment to enterprise architecture as a discipline
- An outstanding career move and a foundational certification in the career of any enterprise architect
- The TOGAF® 9 Certification for People Program is a market-driven education and certification program to support TOGAF 9.
- TOGAF 9 Professional Certification takes two forms:
- TOGAF 9 Foundation. This provides validation that the candidate has gained knowledge of the terminology and basic concepts of TOGAF 9 and understands the core principles of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF
- TOGAF 9 Certified. This certification provides validation that in addition to knowledge and comprehension, the candidate is able to analyze and apply knowledge of TOGAF
Benefits for organisations
For organisations, TOGAF® 9 certification provides a vendor-neutral, highly regarded and global benchmark for identifying, assessing and selecting the most qualified individuals for critical roles and responsibilities. Specifying TOGAF certified individuals in procurement and project proposals can considerably reduce recruitment time and cost, and result in higher project success rates.
TOGAF 9 certification can help to optimize the staff recruitment and retention process, and motivate staff to acquire this widely recognized industry standard to authenticate their skills and experience with using the TOGAF standard.
In a marketplace where confidence is a key purchasing factor, suppliers can demonstrate their commitment to open standards, interoperability and proven best practices in enterprise architecture by showing that they use TOGAF certified specialists for specific projects. TOGAF certification is a powerful competitive differentiator that provides your customers with reliable assurance of the skills and capabilities of your IT professionals, and of the quality and interoperability of your products.
For individuals, TOGAF® 9 Certification represents an ideal mechanism for demonstrating knowledge and application of TOGAF. Being TOGAF certified can significantly enhance and affirm your professional skills, improve your prospects for rewarding assignments, accelerate salary and career advancement, and result in greater peer recognition.