Fast Lane CCIE Offerings
Self Study Bundles offered by Fast Lane:
Click image to enlarge
Expert Level Training for CCIE Routing and Switching
The Cisco Expert-Level Training for CCIE Routing and Switching is the Cisco authorized training program that helps to develop routing and switching network expertise. This blended learning program combines live instruction, self-paced training modules, hands-on lab practice, and peer interaction to develop routing and switching network experts.
The program is designed for routing and switching networking professionals with five to seven years of job experience. The program allows students to assess, learn, practice, review, and demonstrate new skills in an integrated environment. The program components are easily accessed from an internet portal and provides assessment results, performance feedback, and progress reports.
The Cisco Expert-Level Program is sold and delivered worldwide by Cisco Authorized Learning Partners who are CCIE Routing and Switching trained. For maximum effectiveness, Cisco recommends the entire Cisco Expert-Level Training curriculum including training by Cisco Authorized Learning Partners. However, depending on the students’s skills, individual training components can be purchased separately.
Components of the Program
Learning Management System
The Learning Management System is an online portal where students access learning components, review their results, and track their progress. Students can also schedule practice or performance assessment lab sessions as well as interact with their mentor and other CCIE Routing and Switching candidates. The portal offers both students and employers a progress summary and provides the ability to set milestones and view success metrics.
- Offers a comprehensive view of student progress
- Facilitates performance management with automatic performance appraisals and skills-gap analysis Supports collaborative learning through application-sharing and discussion threads
- Includes all-hours online access for flexible scheduling Stays active throughout the entire subscription period
There are two 5-day live workshops that are delivered by Cisco certified instructors. They are seasoned CCIE Routing and Switching professionals as well as proven expert-level instructors. The materials are aligned to the most current CCIE Routing and Switching certification and have been designed according to a set of formal learning objectives.
CIERS1:- an extensive hands-on lab classroom experience. The workshop teaches students how to use an efficient problem-solving process, which includes options analysis. These live workshops are part of a blended learning curriculum that aids learners in preparation for the CCIE Routing and Switching Lab Exam. The workshop includes two 8-hour Performance Assessments, which are graded and returned with mentor feedback. A Pre-Assessment Lab, included with the workshop, may be taken before or after the class.
CIERS2:- an extensive hands-on virtual lab. The workshop teaches students how to use an efficient, problem-solving process, which includes options analysis. With the hands-on virtual lab, the mentoring relationship continues to evolve to the candidates’ needs. The workshop also includes five 8-hour performance assessments, which are graded and returned with mentor feedback. A Pre-Assessment Lab, included with the workshop, may be taken before or after the class.
- Live instruction offers an opportunity for class discussion and professional collaboration. Each workshop includes five full scale hands-on virtual labs that contain configuration and troubleshooting scenarios.
Practice Lab Workbook
The Practice Lab Workbook is a suite of 20, 8-hour lab scenarios that focus on specific technologies. Configuration and troubleshooting sections of the lab can be scheduled separately. A comprehensive answer key provides a detailed description of the hidden issues within the lab, as well as hints and tips for solving the task. Each task is explained in the answer key.
Workbook labs have embedded tools, including the Mentor Guide, to allow students to query the state of a test pod loaded with the correct final configuration for each scenario. The Mentor Guide also enables instructors to mentor, consult, and coach students through the rigorous training.
Students can schedule labs on virtual equipment and no longer need to supply or rent their own equipment. The Workbook comes with an initial set of rack hours.
- Aligned to Cisco CCIE Routing and Switching certification
- Color-coded answer key allows students to match their work against correct configurations
- Each lab is assigned an online discussion forum for student collaboration
- Each lab includes a Mentor Guide to assist mentors in reviewing labs with students
Cisco recommends that candidates begin the learning program with the Pre-Assessment Lab. This lab is a 4-hour diagnostic assessment that is used to measure the student’s competency upon starting the program. An online score report helps the student – with the aid a mentor who is available through a Cisco Authorized Learning Partner –
select the appropriate curriculum and learning program components. Cisco recommends that students take the Pre-Assessment Lab before beginning the program and prior to extensive preparation or study.
True expertise can only be attained through hands-on lab practice. Once you have gained a solid foundation of the CCIE Routing and Switching related topics, you are ready to perform Routing and Switching Workbook exercise labs. Each lab scenario will challenge you to consider the full range of configuration options for specific technologies and applications.
- Measures baseline skills and provides a profile of each student’s technical ability.
- Can be used to help create a customized learning program to close skill gaps
- Allows mentors to define a learning path and to determine progress
Taken independently or as part of a live classroom, Performance Assessments (see Figures 7, 8, and 9) measure the student’s ability to complete routing and switching troubleshooting tasks. Score reports are accessed online via the Learning Management System and allow students to compare their individual work to the answer key and view detailed feedback on their performance.
All assessment labs are virtual and delivered using Cisco IOS on Linux (IOL) platform. They can be scheduled and accessed directly from within the Cisco Expert-Level Training portal.
The program offers two types of assessments. They simulate the actual live lab exam experience:
- Each of the 11 full-scale performance assessments is 8 hours long and includes troubleshooting and configuration sections.
- Each of the 11 troubleshooting assessments is 2 hours long and only includes a troubleshooting section.
- Students can compare the trend of their performance against other successful CCIE Routing and Switching candidates The online assessment report offers personalized feedback, corrections, and explanations of best practices Saves study time by identifying exactly where students need extra preparation
Self-Paced Lessons feature audio and video instructions and are available on demand from the Cisco Expert-Level Learning Management System portal. Each lesson typically includes an end-of-module quiz to test your understanding of the topics in the lesson. It also includes a mentor guide that provides suggestions on how you can apply the knowledge that you’ve learned to your every day job.
- Lessons include multiple modules, each 15–30 minutes in length, to fit easily into the student’s schedule:
- Core topics — Link Layer, IGP, BGP, MPLS Layer 3 VPN’s, DMVPN
- Advanced topics — Multicasting, IPv6, Security, Router QoS, Catalyst QoS, Network Infrastructure 1, Network Infrastructure 2, Troubleshooting
- Split-screen format uses video, audio, slides, and screen views
- Lessons can be downloaded once and replayed as many times as needed Lessons are recorded by certified CCIE Routing and Switching instructors
- A focused lab exercise comes with a mentor guide tool that shows master configurations
The Reference Library features technical articles such as options analysis diagrams, as well as articles on exam preparation strategies. The library is available online through the Cisco Expert-Level Learning Management System portal.
- Searchable online material and downloadable PDF documents Articles on CCIE Routing and Switching exam preparation strategies Useful study tips