VMware vSphere 6: Troubleshooting Workshop (VSTS)
This hands-on training workshop provides you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve competence in troubleshooting the VMware vSphere® 6 environment. This workshop increases your skill and competence in using the command-line interface, VMware vSphere® Web Client, VMware vRealize™ Log lnsight™, and other tools to analyze and solve problems.
This workshop is based on VMware ESXi™ 6 and VMware vCenter Server™ 6.
Who should attend
- System administrators
- System integrators
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Required prerequisites include completion of one of the following:
- VMware® Certified Professional 6 – Datacenter Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)
- VMware vSphere 6.0: Fast Track (VVFT)
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale (VOS)
- Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server
Experience with working at the command prompt is highly recommended.
- Use vSphere Web Client, the command-line interface, and logs to diagnose and resolve problems in the vSphere environment
- Introduce troubleshooting principals and procedures
- Troubleshoot networking issues and recover from them
- Analyze storage failure scenarios and resolve the issues
- Troubleshoot vSphere cluster failure scenarios and analyze possible causes
- Diagnose common VMware vSphere® High Availability issues and provide solutions
- Troubleshoot problems related to virtual machine migration (VMware vSphere® vMotion®) and improve resource use (VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™)
- Troubleshoot vCenter Server issues
- Identify ESXi host issues (analyze failure scenarios and correct them)
- Troubleshoot faulty virtual machines, including installation issues, snapshot issues, connection issues, and more.