VMware NSX for Internetworking Experts Fast Track (NSXFT)
This comprehensive, fast-paced training course focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware NSX™. This course covers NSX as a part of the software-defined data center platform, implementation use cases along with features of NSX, and functionality operating at Layer 2 through Layer 7 of the OSI model.
Data center network architectures are examined to demonstrate how NSX intersects with and virtualizes functions of a Ciscobased infrastructure in spine-leaf and traditional core-aggregateaccess architectures. Lecture and hands-on lab activities support the student’s understanding of NSX features, functionality, and on-going management and control.
Who should attend
Experienced system administrators that specialize in networking.
- System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems.
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course for VCA-DCV certification.
- A solid background in a Cisco-based infrastructure or VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage (NSXICM)
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the software-defined data center
- Describe how NSX is the next step in the evolution of the software-defined data center
- Describe features and benefits of NSX network virtualization
- Identify prerequisites for NSX
- Configure and deploy NSX management, control, and data plane components
- Configure, deploy, and use logical switch networks
- Configure, deploy, and use logical switch networks in a UCS environment
- Describe the Cisco Nexus and UCS products and features that are relevant to NSX
- Configure and deploy NSX distributed router to optimize East-West data center traffic flows
- Configure and deploy VMware NSX Edge™ services gateway appliances
- Configure and use NSX virtual private networks
- Configure and use logical load balancing
- Configure NSX Edge Firewall and Distributed Firewall policy rules
- Configure Service Composer security groups and policies
- Use role-based access to control user account privileges
- Use activity monitoring to validate and create security policies
- Describe how VMware vRealize™ Automation and NSX enable automated provisioning of IT services and networks
- Design a NSX solution with Cisco Nexus and Cisco UCS
- Course Introduction
- Software-Defined Data Center
- vSphere Networking Fundamentals
- Management and Control Planes
- Logical Switch Networks
- Nexus and UCS Architecture
- Distributed Logical Router
- NSX Edge Routing and High Availability
- Virtual Private Networks
- Layer 2 Bridging
- NSX Security
- Extensibility and Design