Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions (20533)
This course is aimed at experienced IT Professionals who currently administer their on-premises infrastructure. The course introduces the students to Microsoft Azure and then teaches them how to manage their infrastructure in Azure rather than on-premises.
* Azure Skills Initiative*
As part of the Microsoft Azure Skills Initiative customers can purchase an Azure exam voucher (with a free retake) and a practice test for just £67!
Who should attend
- IT professionals who want to deploy, configure, and administer services and virtual machines in Microsoft Azure.
- IT professional who have used Microsoft System Center to manage and orchestrate a Microsoft server infrastructure.
- Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate and migrate on-premises Active Directory roles and services to the cloud.
- IT professionals who want to use Windows Azure to host web sites and mobile app back-end services.
- IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, who meet the course prerequisites, and are looking to cross-train on Microsoft Azure.
- IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam, 70-533, Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies including: virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configuration including: TCP/IP, DNS, virtual private networks, firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of websites including: create, configure, monitor and deploy a website on Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts including: Domains, Forests, Domain Controllers, replication, Kerberos, and LDAP.
- Understanding of database concepts including: Tables, queries, Structured Query Language (SQL), and database schemas
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery including: backup and restore operations.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following course, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
- Completing the MCSA certification in Windows Server 2012.
- Completing the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals course.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Azure architecture components including infrastructure, tools, and portals.
- Implement and manage virtual networking within Azure and to connect to on-premises environments.
- Plan and create Azure virtual machines.
- Configure, manage, and monitor Azure virtual machines to optimize availability and reliability.
- Implement, manage, backup and monitor storage solutions.
- Plan and implement data services based on SQL Database to support applications.
- Deploy and configure websites.
- Deploy, configure, monitor, and diagnose cloud services.
- Publish content through CDNs and publish videos by using Media Services.
- Create and manage Azure AD directories, and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD.
- Automate operations in Azure management by using PowerShell runbooks.
- Module 1: Introduction to Azure
- Module 2: Implement and Manage Virtual Networks
- Module 3: Implement Virtual Machines
- Module 4: Managing Virtual Machines
- Module 5: Implementing Websites
- Module 7: Planning and Implementing Data Services
- Module 8: Implementing PaaS Cloud Services and Mobile Services
- Module 9: Implementing Content Delivery Networks and Media Services
- Module 10: Implement Azure AD
- Module 11: Managing Active Directory in a Hybrid Environment
- Module 12: Implementing Automation
- Module 13: Microsoft Azure Solutions