Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Databases (20462)
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2014 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2014 product features and tools related to maintaining a database. Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job. The secondary audience for this course is individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (20461)
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe core database administration tasks and tools.
- Install and configure SQL Server 2014.
- Configure SQL Server databases and storage.
- Plan and implement a backup strategy.
- Restore databases from backups.
- Import and export data.
- Monitor SQL Server.
- Trace SQL Server activity.
- Manage SQL Server security.
- Audit data access and encrypt data.
- Perform ongoing database maintenance.
- Automate SQL Server maintenance with SQL Server Agent Jobs.
- Configure Database Mail, alerts and notifications.