Upgrading Your Skills to Windows Server 2016 (10983)
This 5-day instructor-led course explains how to implement and configure new features and functionality in Windows Server 2016. This course is designed for IT professional who want to upgrade their technical skills from Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 to Windows Server 2016. This course presumes a high level of knowledge about previous Windows Server technologies and skills equivalent to the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 credential.
This course is not a product upgrade course, detailing considerations for migrating and upgrading your specific environment to Windows Server 2016. Rather, this course will update students' existing Windows Server knowledge and skills to Windows Server 2016.
** Please note that this course is replaced with the Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA: Windows Server 2016 (20743) **
Who should attend
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 system administrators and who have real world experience working in a Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2008 enterprise environment, and have obtained the credential Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 or have equivalent knowledge.
IT professionals wanting to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the MCSA exams, which are a prerequisite for the MCSE specialties.
- Two or more years of experience deploying and managing Windows Server 2012 or Windows 2008 environments; Experience with day-to-day Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 system administration management and maintenance tasks.
- Experience with Windows networking technologies and implementation.
- Experience with Active Directory® technologies and implementation.
- Experience with Windows Server virtualization technologies and implementation.
- Knowledge equivalent to the MCSA credentials of Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012, or have equivalent knowledge.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2016.
- Implement Hyper-V.
- Implement directory services.
- Implement AD FS.
- Manage and optimize storage in Windows Server 2016.
- Implement secure data access for users and devices.
- Implement network services.
- Implement remote access.
- Implement failover clustering.
- Implement failover clustering with Hyper-V.
- Recover data in Windows Servers 2016.
Duration 5 days
Price (excl. VAT)
- United Kingdom: £ 2,056.-
- SA Voucher: 5