Junos Routing Essentials (JRE)
This one-day course provides students with foundational routing knowledge and configuration examples, and includes an overview of general routing concepts, routing policy, and firewall filters.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring basic device operations. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS.
In Partnership with Westcon Academy. Westcon is working with Fast Lane to deliver quality training courses for Partners and End Users.
Who should attend
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course prior to attending this class.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain basic routing operations and concepts.
- View and describe routing and forwarding tables.
- Configure and monitor static routing.
- Configure and monitor OSPF.
- Describe the framework for routing policy.
- Explain the evaluation of routing policy.
- Identify instances where you might use routing policy.
- Write and apply a routing policy.
- Describe the framework for firewall filters.
- Explain the evaluation of firewall filters.
- Identify instances where you might use firewall filters.
- Write and apply a firewall filter.
- Describe the operation and configuration for unicast reverse path forwarding (RPF).