ITIL® V3 Intermediate Certificate in Managing Across the Lifecycle (ITIL3MALC)
The intent of the Managing across the Lifecycle (MALC) qualification is to give delegates the skills to support an organization's service delivery by bridging the service lifecycle stages. The qualification demonstrates that delegates have learned the value of one combined service management practice as opposed to separate subject areas. ITIL processes and practices, as learnt from the lifecycle and capability streams of the intermediate certificates, are put into a context of delivering this value.
The ITIL® Qualification in Managing across the Lifecycle Certificate is the final module in the Service Lifecycle and/or Service Capability modules that lead to the ITIL® Expert in Service Management.
- Key concepts of the service lifecycle
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Integrating service management processes across the service lifecycle
- Managing services across the service lifecycle
- Governance and organization
- Implementing and improving service management capability
- The exam will be 2 hours, rather than 90 minutes as now
- It will be case study based - which is used during the course to allow familiarisation prior to the exam
- There are 10 questions rather than 8, although still graduated, and most use the case study
- Pass mark remains at 70%
If taking an exam, delegates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided to the BCS. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate's exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
Who should attend
- Individuals who require a business and management level understanding of the ITIL service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management certificate, for which this qualification is the final mandatory module
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management, for which the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management certificate is a prerequisite
- Please be aware, this course also provides 35 Hours of Contact Education/Professional Development Units towards PMI PMP certification/re-certification
Delegates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already have two (2) credits from the ITIL v3 or 2011 Foundation certificate or have the ITIL v2/v3 Foundation bridge and must, as a minimum, have obtained a further 15 credits to a total of at least 17 credits. 15 credits can be obtained from ITIL Intermediate qualifications. Some credits from earlier ITIL qualifications and complementary qualifications can also count towards 15 credits. Holders of ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management are also eligible. Documentary evidence of all credits must be presented by delegates for the MALC qualification. Failure to comply with these pre-requisites will result in candidates results being withheld by the BCS. On attending the course please ensure you provide documented evidence that you have passed the above by either presenting your certificate(s) (or a copy of your certificate(s)) to the course lecturer. If you cannot provide the physical certificate(s), then as a minimum you must provide the certificate/candidate number(s) and dates of passing each examination. If you have lost your certificate or you do not have a record of your certificate number please contact BCS directly before attending the course. BCS can be contacted on the following number 01793 417655.
Pre course Reading:
Delegates will be provided with a case study prior to attending the course by email. Success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials. It is recommended that candidates spend at least 28 hours reviewing both their ITIL foundation and intermediate course material prior to attending the MALC course.
- Introduction to IT Service Management Business and Managerial Issues
- Managing the Planning and Implementation of IT Service Management
- Management of Strategic Change
- Risk Management
- Understanding Organisation Challenges
- Service Assessment
- Understanding Complementary Industry Guidance
Duration 5 days
Price (excl. VAT)
- United Kingdom: £ 2,629.-