HP Insight Control Server Provisioning (HL974)
This course will equip students with the skills and knowledge to setup and configure HP Insight Control server provisioning appliance, discover and configure supported HP ProLiant servers, and provision various operating systems. Students will be able to update servers with HP Service Pack for ProLiant, capture and install Windows image, modify and adjust OS Build Plans to suit special needs, migrate servers and data from Insight Control server deployment to Insight Control server provisioning. This course covers Maintenance and troubleshooting of HP Insight Control server provisioning.
Who should attend
System Administrators, engineers and consultants, who will setup, manage and/or monitor HP ProLiant servers.
HP recommends that participants have attained the following credentials or levels of experience before taking this course:
- Familiar with HP Insight Control server deployment (RDP)
- Provide an overview and key features of the HP Insight Control server provisioning.
- Describe the process of installing and configuring the ICsp appliance.
- Describe the process of installing and configuring a Windows based Media Server.
- Discuss HP ICsp OS Build Plans methodology, scripts, configuration files, packages and steps in typical jobs executed.
- Provide an overview of the methods used to discover and add target servers to HP ICsp database.
- Review some infrastructure provisioning jobs performed by OS Build Plans.
- Discuss operating systems and HP Service Pack for ProLiant deployments by OS Build Plans.
- Review the process of migrating existing HP Insight Control server deployment (RDP) managed target servers to HP Insight Control server provisioning.
- Discuss the migration of jobs and configuration files from RDP and using them in the HP ICsp.
- Review some typical maintenance actions to keep HP ICsp up and running.
- Review basic troubleshooting of the common issues and errors.
- Provide information how to access and use HP Support service for the advanced troubleshooting and resolving more complex problems.