Accelerated Migrating & Troubleshooting HP Enterprise Networks (HL040)
Who should attend
Professionals who design, implement, and support enterprise level network solutions based on HP A-Series switches and technologies, including systems engineers, systems designers, customer IT staff, HP services field and call center support engineers.
To attend the Accelerated Migrating & Troubleshooting HP Enterprise Networks course it is recommended that the candidate has one of the following active certifications:
- HP ProCurve MASE Campus LANs 
- HP ASE NI 
- CCIE Routing & Switching
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the proprietary Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols being used.
- Migrate the network to the open-standards counterpart for each proprietary protocol.
- Develop step-by-step migration strategies for networks while reducing potential downtime
- Upgrade existing access-layer, distribution, and core switches, based on the Layer 2 or Layer 3 protocols they support.
- Troubleshoot enterprise level networks running advanced routing and switching protocols like BGP and MPLS, including L2VPN and L3VPN
The Accelerated Migrating & Troubleshooting HP Enterprise Networks course is a 5-day course combining the Troubleshooting HP Enterprise Networks and Migrating to an Open Standards Network courses. The course focuses on the advantages of using open-standard protocols on contemporary networks. It teaches network designers and network engineers how to migrate proprietary protocols to open-standard protocols and then helps them develop migration strategies that reduce both risk and downtime.
The Troubleshooting HP Enterprise Networks part of this accelerated course focuses on the advanced switching and routing features required in enterprise level networks. It teaches based on an established troubleshooting methodology support engineers and network engineers how to troubleshoot enterprise level networks based on established core and backbone Layer-2 and Layer-3 technologies such as MPLS and BGP4.
This course prepares candidates for the Master Accredited System Engineer (MASE) certification within the HP ExpertONE program.