Managing & Deploying Cisco Wireless LANs in the Healthcare Industry (MDCWLH)
This 5 day accelerated hands-on course offered by Fast Lane teaches you the skills and resources required to successfully plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, monitor, and maintain basic Cisco Wireless LAN solutions within the Healthcare industry. Topics include pre-deployment planning considerations, configuration of autonomous, unified, and FlexConnect architectures, configuration of all base features, including wireless security, the administration of the WLAN network, and maintenance and troubleshooting wireless network issues. It will also prepare professionals to use the Cisco Unified Wireless Network (CUWN) network management products to configure, administer, manage, troubleshoot, and optimize the network. The course is written at software code level.
Please note - this course condenses 7 days of training into 5 days and as such will be delivered at a fairly accelerated pace and slightly longer days in the classroom.
For a limited time only, book this course with Fast Lane and receive the Defining Wireless LAN Essentials web-based course completely FREE OF CHARGE!
Who should attend
As part of suite of courses offered by Fast Lane specifically focussing on the Healthcare industry, this course is intended for IT engineers or administrators that need to know the fundamentals of planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining a basic Cisco Wireless LAN infrastructure, and individuals who are tasked with performing or overseeing network management tasks. This may include installers, SEs, Field Engineers, technical support professionals, network managers, security team members, and administrators.
Prior to taking this course you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Prior completion of Defining Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials course or equivalent work experience (recommended)
- Basic networking skills
- RF/Wireless field experience (helpful)
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Successfully plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, monitor and maintain basic Cisco Wireless LAN solutions in a customer enterprise environment
- Configure autonomous, unified, and FlexConnect architectures
- Configure all base feature sets, including wireless security
- Administer the WLAN network
- Maintain and troubleshoot basic wireless networks
- Explain how Cisco Unified Wireless Network management components help resolve today’s network management challenges
- Describe how to configure Cisco Prime Infrastructure (PI)
- Configure components through the Configure tab and templates
- Configure the guest access feature set
- Integrate the Cisco PI and the MSE to provide location services and track mobile clients
- Configure the Connected Mobile Experiences solution
- Configure Bonjour Services and Application Visibility and Control (AVC) solutions for application and device support
- Utilize a recommended troubleshooting methodology and the various tools available to gather and assess system data to isolate various common PI failures
- Monitor wired devices, Cisco ISE, wireless controllers, APs, rogue APs, ad hoc events, and CleanAir heatmaps, charts, and reports
Duration 5 days
Price (excl. VAT)
- United Kingdom: £ 1,995.-