Administering and Implementing Unified Messaging (AIUM)
This is a combined delivery of the AUM and IUM Cisco courses, designed to provided a fully comprehensive course around Cisco Unity software. This course will prepare you for the Implementing Cisco Unified Messaging.
Currently there are no local training dates scheduled. For enquiries please write to email@example.com.
|11/11/2013 - 15/11/2013||Sofia Course language: English|
|10/06/2013 - 14/06/2013||Talin Course language: English|
|25/11/2013 - 29/11/2013||Talin Course language: English|
|28/10/2013 - 01/11/2013||Riga Course language: English|
|01/07/2013 - 05/07/2013||Vilnius Course language: English|
|15/07/2013 - 19/07/2013||Warsaw Course language: English|
|30/09/2013 - 04/10/2013||Ljubljana Course language: English|
|16/09/2013 - 20/09/2013||Istanbul Course language: English|
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- IPC Advanced Channel partners (Field Engineer and System Engineer role): Personnel responsible for the planning, design, and implementation of Cisco Unity systems in an IP telephony environment
- Professional Services partners: Cisco personnel responsible for the planning, design, and implementation of Cisco Unity systems in an IP telephony environment
- End-user system administrators: People responsible for the day-to-day management of corporate messaging systems
- IP telephony specialized Channel Partners (Field Engineer 2 role): People responsible for the planning, design, and implementation of Cisco Unity systems in an IP telephony environment
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- Channel Partner SEs: Personnel responsible for the planning and design of Cisco Unity systems in an IP telephony environment
- Cisco SEs: Cisco personnel responsible for the planning and design of Cisco Unity systems in an IP telephony environment
The knowledge and skills a learner must have before attending this course include the following:
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2003
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000
- A working knowledge of the Microsoft Exchange
- A working knowledge of the features, benefits, and programming of at least one manufacturer’s PBX (Cisco Unified CallManager or Cisco Unified Communications Manager preferred)
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Identify the components of the Cisco Unity system, describe their standard and optional features, and explain how they integrate into a unified messaging system
- Configure a Cisco Unity system using acknowledged best practices and manage a Cisco Unity subscriber account using the Cisco Unity Administration tool
- Choose the correct subscriber type and add the individual subscriber using best practices for setting account policy, class of service, and subscriber templates
- Monitor and maintain a Cisco Unity system using available tools and reporting capabilities
- Given the hardware specification for a computer messaging system of a stated capacity, determine the appropriate platform to use and the correct voice boards that will meet the minimum hardware requirements for a Cisco Unity system.
- Given a set of installation software components, select the correct components, install the software following the recommended installation sequence, and verify proper operation.
- Given an integration scenario with specific components, choose the correct integration type and describe the steps that are needed to complete the integration.
- Given a particular server type, be able to select the appropriate type of Cisco Unity networking and subscriber to ensure message delivery, message transfer, and directory replication.
- Given a problem description and access to appropriate Cisco Unity tools and utilities, describe and be able to use the appropriate tools to address specific system maintenance, diagnostics, troubleshooting, and reporting problems.
The aim of the Administering Cisco Unified Messaging (AUM) v8.0 course is to produce competent administrators of the Cisco Unity product, up to and including Release 8.0. By the end of this course, learners will be able to perform system setup and customization; add, delete, and modify subscribers; and monitor and maintain the Cisco Unity system.
The aim of this course, Implementing Cisco Unified Messaging (IUM) v8.0, is to produce competent system engineers for the Cisco Unity product. Upon completion of this course, system engineers will be able to install, upgrade, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot new and existing Cisco Unity installations.
Duration: 5 days
Price (excl. VAT):
- £ 2,025.-