CompTIA Network+ Certification Support Skills (AG520)
This 5-day course is intended for those wishing to qualify with CompTIA Network+ Certification.
Network+ is foundation-level certification designed for IT professionals with 1 year's experience whose job role is focused on network administration. CompTIA Network+ is aimed at IT professionals with job roles such as network administrator, network technician, network installer, help desk technician and IT cable installer
Please note - this course is based on the new CompTIA Network+ material and exam, released February 2015 : http://certification.comptia.org/getCertified/certifications/network.aspx
Who should attend
CompTIA Network+ is aimed at IT professionals with job roles such as network administrator, network technician, network installer, help desk technician and IT cable installer
Students should meet the following criteria prior to taking the course:
- Taken and passed both CompTIA A+ Certification exams or have equivalent knowledge and experience
- Be able to: Configure and support PC, laptop, mobile (smartphone/tablet), and print devices.
- Know basic network terminology and functions (such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, switches, routers).
- Configure and manage users, groups, and shared resources in a simple SOHO network.
- Understand the use of basic access control measures, such as authentication, security policy, encryption, and firewalls
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the basic network theory concepts.
- Identify the major network communications methods.
- Describe network media and hardware components.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP network implementation.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify the components of a LAN implementation.
- Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Identify the major issues and methods to secure systems on a network.
- Identify the major issues and technologies in network security.
- Identify network security threats and attacks.
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network.
Duration 5 days
Price (excl. VAT)
- United Kingdom: £ 2,196.-