Introduction to Data Science: Building Recommender Systems (IDCBRS)
This hands-on course is suitable for software engineers, data analysts, and statisticians. It is problem-driven and focuses on helping participants understand what data scientists do, the problems they solve, and their methods. By taking a practical approach to the subject, including multiple hands-on exercises, participants will leave the course with skills they can immediately apply to real-world problems.
Upon completion of the course, attendees are encouraged to continue their study and register for the Cloudera Certified Professional: Data Scientist (CCP:DS) exam. Certification is a great differentiator; it helps establish you as a leader in the field, providing employers and customers with tangible evidence of your skills and expertise.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for software engineers, data analysts and statisticians with basic knowledge of Apache Hadoop: HDFS, MapReduce, Hadoop Streaming, Apache Hive
Students should have proficiency in a scripting language: Python is strongly preferred, but familiarity with Perl or Ruby is sufficient.
- Describe the role and responsibilities of a data scientist
- Explain several ways in which data scientists create value for organizations across many industries
- Locate and acquire data from diverse sources
- Use transformation and normalization techniques to produce accurate, useful data sets
- Determine the most appropriate type of analysis to perform for a given problem
- Be able to implement an automated recommendation system
- Develop, evaluate and refine scoring systems for recommenders
- Understand the considerations involved in working at scale
- Identify meaningful, actionable and business-oriented results from the analysis
Duration 3 days
Price (excl. VAT)
- United Kingdom: £ 1,695.-