Cloudera Introduction to Data Science: Building Recommender Systems (CIDS)
Data scientists build information platforms to ask and answer previously unimaginable questions. Learn how data science helps companies reduce costs, increase profits, improve products, retain customers and identify new opportunities.
Cloudera’s three-day course helps you understand what data scientists do and the problems they solve. Through in-class simulations, you willapply data science methods to real-world problems in different industries and, ultimately, prepare for data scientist roles in the field.
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a voucher for a Cloudera Certified Professiona: Data Science exam. This voucher is non-transfearable and you will only recieve the voucher upon successfully completing the entire training class. Certification is a great differentiator; it helps establish you as a leader in your field, providing customers with tangible evidence of skills and expertise.
This course is suitable for software engineers, data analysts and statisticians with basic knowledge of Apache Hadoop: HDFS, MapReduce, Hadoop Streaming, Apache Hive. You should have proficiency in a scripting language: Python is strongly preferred, but familiarity with Perl or Ruby is sufficient.
Through lecture and interactive, hands-on exercises, you will cover topics such as:
- The growing need for and enablers of data science, the role of data scientists and vertical use cases and business applications
- Where and how to acquire data, methods for evaluating source data and data transformation and preparation
- Types of statistics and analytical methods and their relationship
- Machine learning fundamentals and breakthroughs, the importance of algorithms and data as a platform
- How to implement and manage recommenders using Apache Mahout and how to set up and evaluate data experiments
- Steps for deploying to production and tips for working at scale