Deploying Basic Cisco Wireless LANs (WDBWL)
This 3-day instructor-led, hands-on course brings you the skills and resources required to successfully plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, monitor, and maintain basic Cisco Wireless LAN solutions in a customer enterprise environment. Topics include pre-deployment planning considerations, configuration of autonomous, unified, and FlexConnect architectures, configuration of all base features, including wireless security, the administration of the WLAN network, and maintenance and troubleshooting wireless network issues. This course is written at software code 8.1.
Fast Lane offers the Deploying Basic and Advanced Cisco Wireless LANs Bootcamp (WDBWL-WDAWL) for delegates looking to attend both the Deploying Basic Cisco Wireless LANs (WDBWL) and Deploying Advanced Cisco Wireless LANs (WDAWL) back to back in 5 days. Booking this course, rather than the 2 courses individually, offers a cost saving of £305 from the RRP!
Delegates who attend the 'WDBWL' course with Fast Lane also receive the 'Defining Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials' e-Learning course FREE of charge! (T & Cs apply)
In addition, by attending this course with us, you will benefit from additional lab content covering AVC, Profiling and AP Packet Dump which are unique to Fast Lane in the UK.
Who should attend
This course is intended for you if you are an IT engineer or administrator that needs to know the fundamentals about planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining a basic Cisco Wireless LAN infrastructure. This includes installers, SEs, Field Engineers, technical support professionals, network managers, security team members, and administrators.
Prior to taking this course you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Prior completion of the Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials eLearning course
- Knowledge of basic networking principles, TCP/IP, bridging, routing protocol, and VLAN operation
- Cisco CCNA certification or equivalent work experience
- Basic Microsoft Windows, Windows networking, and Internet browser navigation skills
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Differentiate the characteristics of a unified wireless LAN architecture, and configure and test the controllers, access points, and basic features
- Differentiate the characteristics of a FlexConnect architecture, configure and deploy a FlexConnect based wireless LAN
- Perform routine maintenance, network monitoring, and common troubleshooting tasks on the Cisco wireless LAN
- Describe and perform configuration with Cisco’s new Ease of Use wizard, and best practices audit.