Implementing Cisco UMTS Packet Core Networks (SPUMTS)
The Implementing Cisco UMTS Packet Core Networks (SPUMTS) Version 1.0 is an instructor-led course that is presented by Cisco training partners to customers who use products that are part of the General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) or the Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) packet core. This five-day course is designed to help network professionals to improve their skills and knowledge to understand the GPRS and UMTS architecture fundamentals. The course also assists network professionals in preparing for the Cisco Service Provider Mobility UMTS to LTE Specialist Certification.
The SPUMTS Version 1.0 course is designed to teach professionals the skills required to understand and implement technologies and components found in UMTS networks. The course provides information about packet core components and their role in the UMTS network. The major part of the course includes detailed information on standardized technologies that are implemented on the Serving GPRS Support Node (SGSN) and the Gateway GPRS Support Node (GGSN), and their interaction with authentication, charging, and billing components in the network of the mobile operator. This course also includes configuration details of how these components are implemented on the Cisco ASR 5000 Series system.
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network administrators
- Network engineers
- Network managers
- Systems engineers who use products that are part of the GPRS or UMTS packet core
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- All individuals preparing for the Cisco Service Provider Mobility UMTS to LTE Specialist Certification
- Good knowledge of routing and switching
- Basic knowledge of Signaling System 7 (SS7)
- Basic knowledge of GSM and GPRS networks
- Basic knowledge of radio network functions
- Basic knowledge of packet core supporting functions for Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA)
- Basic knowledge of tunneling protocols Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE), Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP), and Internet Protocol Security (IPsec)
- Familiarity with and basic knowledge of configuring the Cisco ASR 5000 Series system
- Understanding of organizations that develop technologies used in the mobile packet core such as the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP)
- Describe and understand GPRS and UMTS architecture fundamentals, including Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) and RF, as well as packet core components and operat
- Implement Cisco SGSN solution and configure SGSN features.
- Implement Cisco GGSN solution and configure GGSN features.
- Describe and configure tunneling features available on Cisco GGSN.
- Describe and configure Cisco ASR 5000 Series inline services.
Duration 5 daysEnroll now