Cisco ASA Express Security (SAEXS)
Cisco ASA Express Security (SAEXS) course provides delegates with an understanding of the Cisco ASA solution portfolio and how to successfully configure various aspects of the Cisco ASA components including Cisco ASA Firewall features and functions, Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services and Cisco ASA Remote Access VPN including Clientless and AnyConnect.
This 2 day class focuses on ASA and FirePOWER integration, moving at a fairly swift pace and including a lot of content, and it is therefore expected that attendees will already have some familiarity with ASA. It also prepares students for the exam required for Cisco partners to attain the ASA Express Security Specialisation.
Students with no prior knowledge and who require a full understanding of ASA would be advised to consider the Implementing Core Cisco ASA Security (SASAC) class.
Who should attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller
- Knowledge of IP networking and IP header fields
- Basic understanding of firewall uses and roles
- Basic understanding of firewall functions such as NAT, Application Inspection, Packet Filtering
- Basic understanding of common security threats and mitigation techniques such malware, DoS, Intrusion Prevention, URL filtering
In addition, it is expected that students MUST have basic ASA experience before attending this class.
- Describe the Cisco ASA technology
- Describe how to configure network integration and mange network settings for the Cisco ASA
- Choose, configure, and troubleshoot Cisco ASA security appliance features
- Introduce and deploy Cisco Remote Access VPN
- Describe NGFW capabilities provided by the Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Service Module and their configuration using FireSIGHT Management Center
- Application Visibility and Control
- Next-Generation IPS
- URL Filtering
- Advanced Malware Protection (AMP)
- Describe the features of Cisco's ASA Cloud Web Security
- Explore Cisco ASA Active/Standby High Availability