Implementing and Maintaining Cisco Technologies Using IOS XR (IMTXR)
Cisco IOS XR platforms are seeing rapid adoption within service provider and enterprise networks. The Cisco IOS XR Specialist certification validates the training and confirms the hands-on IOS XR experience of network engineers on Cisco service provider carrier-class platforms, such as the CRS, ASR 9000, and XR12000. This certification differentiates and recognizes the skills of service provider and enterprise network engineers required to implement, verification test, and maintain core and edge technologies in a Cisco IOS XR environment. The Implementing and Maintaining Cisco Technologies Using IOS® XR (IMTXR), Version 1 instructor-led course provides the necessary training to prepare you to take the Cisco IOS XR Specialist Professional exam (exam number 644-906). The course introduces you to the features and functions of the Cisco IOS XR operating system. Through a combination of lecture and hands-on lab exercises, you will gain an understanding of all major aspects of the operating system, including the control plane, the data plane, and the management plane. You will also gain knowledge of pertinent Cisco IOS XR-related equipment, including the CRS family, ASR 9000, and XR12000 product lines. This training is based on Cisco IOS XR Software Release 4.1.2.
Who should attend
This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to deploy Cisco® CRS or ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers in their network environment.
The course is meant for anyone wanting to prepare for the IOS XR Specialist exam.
The primary audience for this course includes:
- System engineers
- Technical support personnel
- Channel partners
This course is part of the following Certifications:
The following are the prerequisites for this course:
- Basic knowledge of router installation and some experience with installation tools
- Routing protocol configuration experience with BGP, Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS), and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- Knowledge of Layer 2 IEEE switching and related protocols
- Strong knowledge of MPLS configuration or multicast configuration experience
- Knowledge of Cisco router security implementation, including authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) and TACACS
- Experience troubleshooting Cisco routers in a large network environment
Duration 5 days
Price (excl. VAT)
- United Kingdom: £ 3,660.-