Implementing Cisco Network Security (IINS)
Implementing Cisco Network Security (IINS) v3.0 is a 5-day instructor-led course presented by Cisco Learning Partners to end users and channel partner customers. The course focuses on security principles and technologies, using Cisco security products to provide hands-on examples. Using instructor-led discussions, extensive hands-on lab exercises, and supplemental materials, this course allows learners to understand common security concepts, and deploy basic security techniques utilizing a variety of popular security appliances within a “real-life” network infrastructure.
"This course was delivered in an extremely professional manner by Mike and he did a great job of teaching a difficult and highly technical syllabus. His manner of teaching was excellent and made learning this subject easier."
"Barry is one of the better instructors that I have had the opportunity to meet. Not only does he understand the subject taught in great detail, he also understands surround technologies. Superb!!"
Bank of New York Mellon
"The instructor was incredibly good for the course material, he had a sound background in the field and experience to fix any issue that came up. When there was an issue, not only did the instructor walk you through the troubleshooting steps to fix it, he explained why he was doing what and what to do in x,y,z situations too. He had his own analogies to things which were often more clearer and easier to understand than the course documentation and the delivery of each lesson and section was crisp and precise.
I can genuinely say that he was, hands down, the best instructor that I've trained with. "
Who should attend
- Network engineers
- Network designers and administrators
- Network managers
- System engineers
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to that learned in Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1 Version 3.0 (ICND1)
- Working knowledge of the Windows operating system
- Working knowledge of Cisco IOS networking and concepts
Upon completion of the course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Describe common network security concepts
- Secure routing and switching infrastructure
- Deploy basic authentication, authorization and accounting services
- Deploy basic firewalling services
- Deploy basic site-to-site and remote access VPN services
- Describe the use of more advanced security services such as intrusion protection, content security and identity management