Cisco IOS XR Software Advanced IPv4 Routing for Service Providers Version 4.0.1 (XIPV4R)
PLEASE NOTE: Delegates need to bring a laptop and ethernet cable with them when attending Cisco Advanced Services classes.
Currently there are no local training dates scheduled. For enquiries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|10/03/2014 - 13/03/2014||Amsterdam Zuidoost Course language: English|
|18/02/2014 - 21/02/2014||Englewood|
Who should attend
This course is for technical professtionals who design, implement, and operate IPv4 routing protocols in a service provider network consisting of routers running Cisco IOS XR Software. The primary audience for this course includes Network Operations Center Engineers, Network and Senior Engineers, and Support Engineers.
The following are prerequisites for this course:
- Students should have knowledge of the Cisco IOS XR Software configuration syntax to the extent covered in the Cisco CRS-1 Essentials of Cisco XR 12000 Series Essentials course
- Students attending this class should be able to establish, without assistance, a basic configuration for OSPF, IS-IS, and BGP as accomplished in the Cisco CRS-1 Essentials or Cisco XR 12000 Series Essentials course labs
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Describe the basic unicast forwarding architecture and infrastructure
- Describe and apply basic routing and forwarding security
- Describe and examine bidirectional forwarding detection
- Explain nonstop forwarding operation
- Configure Routing Policy Language (RPL) sets and policies
- Design hierarchial and parameterised RPL policies
- Configure IS-IS Level 1 and Level 2 areas and verify operation
- Implement route redistribution and summarisation in IS-IS
- Implement RPL policies in IS-IS
- Configure a multiple area OSPF domain and verify operation
- Configure route redistribution filtered with an RPL policy
- Configure autonomous systems with internal BGP full-mesh, route reflectors, and as a confederation
- Configure external BGP between adjacent autonomous systems
- Examine internal and external BGP operation
Duration: 4 days
Price (excl. VAT):
- US$ 4,500.-
Cisco Learning Credits:
Please contact your Account Manager for CLC value.