Supporting Cisco Services Provider IP NGN Operations (SSPO)
The Supporting Cisco Service Provider IP NGN Operations (SSPO) course is a five-day ILT course that is intended to help prepare individuals to pass the Cisco CCNA Service Provider Operations certification exams. This course will also provide a foundation in service provider network operations for additional courses and certification exams at the professional level. This course is designed to introduce entry-level personnel to the service provider network operations environment, processes-orientation, management tools and methods. It gives students the opportunity to practice the primary job roles and tasks. The course is also intended to help prepare students for the Cisco CCNA Service Provider Operations certification exam.
Cisco has announced the retirement of the complete Service Provider Operations certification program – CCNA Service Provider Operations, CCNP Service Provider Operations, and CCIE Service Provider Operations. Effective February 1, 2015, no new certifications will be issued in this track. The last day to test using any of the Service Provider Operations exams is January 31, 2015.
Who should attend
This section specifies the primary and secondary target audiences of this course by job roles and notes the relevance to each job role.
- Cisco Build-Operate-Transfer partners who are focused on service provider NGN networks, specific to entry-level network operations personnel
- Service provider network operations organizations, specific to entry-level network operations personnel
- Cisco engineers who are motivated to pursue Cisco certifications focused on service provider NGN operations
- All service provider operations customers, partners who support service provider NGN environments, and internal Cisco engineers who wish to pursue Cisco professional or expert-level SP operations certifications
This course is part of the following Certifications:
The recommended knowledge and skills that a learner should have for the best learning outcome are as follows:
- IP networking fundamentals; those topics supported by the Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1 Version 2.0 (ICND1) course
- Operations process knowledge, represented by the Business Process Framework (eTOM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) training or recommendations
- Troubleshooting methodology knowledge or experience as applied to IP network environments
- UNIX or Linux operating system experience or general familiarity
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe service provider NGN technology trends and their impact on operational environments
- Describe the various NMS tools that are available to monitor networks and network devices
- Implement incident (event) management procedures
- Demonstrate fault management procedures
- Describe the configuration management process
- Demonstrate change management procedures
- Identify performance management procedures
Duration: 5 days
Price (excl. VAT):
- £ 2,695.-
Cisco Learning Credits:
Please contact your Account Manager for CLC value.