Operational Foundations for Cisco Service Provider Core Networks (OFCN)
The Operational Foundations for Cisco Service Provider Core Networks (OFCN) v1.0 course is a five-day instructor--led training (ILT) course, intended to help prepare individuals to pass the Cisco CCNP SP Operations certification exams. This course will provide a sound service provider network operations foundation for additional courses and certification exams at the professional level.
This OFCN course is designed to introduce Tier 2 and 3 personnel to the service provider network operations environment, including process orientation, and management tools and methods. The course also enables students to practice the primary job roles and tasks.
Cisco has announced the retirement of the complete Service Provider Operations certification program – CCNA Service Provider Operations, CCNP Service Provider Operations, and CCIE Service Provider Operations. Effective February 1, 2015, no new certifications will be issued in this track. The last day to test using any of the Service Provider Operations exams is January 31, 2015.
Who should attend
This section specifies the primary and secondary target audiences of this course by job roles and notes the relevance to each job role.
- Cisco Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) partners focused on service provider NGN networks, specific to the Tier 2 network operations personnel
- Service provider network operations organizations, specific to Tier 2 network operations personnel
- Cisco engineers motivated to pursue Cisco certifications focused on service provider NGN operations
- All service provider operations customers, partners supporting service provider NGN environments, and internal Cisco engineers who wish to pursue Cisco professional- or expert-level service provider operations certifications
This course is part of the following Certifications:
The recommended knowledge and skills that a learner should have for the best learning outcome include:
- IP networking fundamentals; those topics supported by the Cisco Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1 Version 2.0 (ICND1) course
- Operations process knowledge, represented by Enhanced Telecom Operations Map (eTOM) or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) training or recommendations
- Troubleshooting methodology knowledge or experience as applied to IP network environments
- UNIX or Linux operational system experience or general familiarity
- Cisco SSPO course
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe service provider NGN technology trends and their impact on operational environments
- Describe the various NMS tools available to monitor networks and network devices
- Implement incident (event) management procedures
- Demonstrate fault management procedures
- Describe the configuration management process
- Demonstrate change management procedures
- Identify performance management procedures
Duration: 5 days
Price (excl. VAT):
- £ 2,695.-
Cisco Learning Credits:
Please contact your Account Manager for CLC value.
Currently there are no local training dates scheduled. For enquiries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|16/02/2015 - 20/02/2015||Hamburg Winter-Special Aktionstermin|
|04/05/2015 - 08/05/2015||Berlin|
|06/07/2015 - 10/07/2015||Frankfurt|
|07/09/2015 - 11/09/2015||Düsseldorf|
|23/11/2015 - 27/11/2015||Hamburg|
|02/02/2015 - 06/02/2015||Beijing|
|16/03/2015 - 20/03/2015||Shanghai|
|18/05/2015 - 22/05/2015||Beijing|
|22/06/2015 - 26/06/2015||Shanghai|
|21/09/2015 - 25/09/2015||Shanghai|
|26/10/2015 - 30/10/2015||Beijing|
|02/11/2015 - 06/11/2015||Beijing|
|07/12/2015 - 11/12/2015||Shanghai|
|25/10/2015 - 29/10/2015||Riyadh Course language: English|
United Arab Emirates
|07/06/2015 - 11/06/2015||Dubai Course language: English This course is being delivered by iTLS.|
|15/02/2015 - 19/02/2015||Cairo Course language: English|