Maintaining Cisco Service Provider Routing Protocols (MSPRP)
Currently there are no local training dates scheduled. For enquiries please write to email@example.com.
|03/02/2014 - 07/02/2014||FLEX training This is an English language FLEX course. Time zone: Europe/Ljubljana 3,000.- €|
|17/11/2014 - 21/11/2014||FLEX training This is an English language FLEX course. Time zone: Europe/Warsaw|
|17/11/2014 - 21/11/2014||Warsaw This is a FLEX course. Time zone: Europe/Warsaw Course language: English||
|03/02/2014 - 07/02/2014||Ljubljana This is a FLEX course. Time zone: Europe/Ljubljana Course language: English||
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Service provider network operations organizations, specifically mid to upper level network operations personnel like Tier II and Tier II support.
- Generally service provider customers or partners maintaining service provider IP NGN network infrastructures.
- Customers pursing Cisco Professional level certifications for their career growth.
- Personnel from mid or large enterprise networks that institute service provider or sometimes known as carrier class type operations.
- General service provider Partners like Build-Operate-Transfer partners, service provider outsource partners, manage services channel partners.
- Cisco service provider Engineers, Cisco Technical Assistance Center Engineers, Cisco Remote Operations Services personnel.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Describe service provider operations, functions, models, and processes.
- Demonstrate IP NGN Operations Associate level knowledge.
- Execute basic Cisco IOS and Cisco IOS XR configuration and monitoring commands.
- Demonstrate service provider change management procedures.
- Demonstrate service provider configuration management procedures.
- Demonstrate IP NGN troubleshooting skills within a service provider core network.
- Appraise and optimize performance in the service provider IP NGN core and aggregation network components.
- Compare and contrast Interior and Exterior Gateway Protocols.
- Describe the fundamentals and basic operation of OSPF and IS-IS link-state protocols.
- Describe the fundamentals and basic operation of BGP.
The following training is recommended in preparing for this course:
- Supporting Cisco Service Provider IP NGN Operations (SSPO)
- Operational Foundations for Cisco Service Provider Core Networks (OFCN)
The learner will find it beneficial to be familiar with the fundamentals of OSPF, IS-IS, and BGP before attending the MSPRP course. Self-study training in these areas may be found on the Cisco Learning Network.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Identify the typical routing requirements in service provider networks, list the routing solutions, and describe the change, performance, and fault management procedures
- Change the routing configuration that is based on designs and implementation templates, as well as change management processes and procedures based on Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Gather and interpret performance statistics for routing protocols using various tools such as show commands and monitoring tools that are based on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Perform fault management for routing protocols using various tools such as show commands and monitoring tools
The Maintaining Cisco Service Provider Routing Protocols (MSPRP) course is a five-day instructor-led training course, intended to help prepare individuals to pass the Cisco Certified Network Professional: Service Provider Operations (Cisco CCNP® SP Operations) certification exams. This course and certification will also prepare and validate learner proficiency in monitoring and troubleshooting interior gateway protocols (IGPs) and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) on the service provider core next generation networking network.
This course is designed to provide learners with the knowledge needed to provide support in a service-provider environment using an IGP such as Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) or Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS) and BGP. It also provides learners with an understanding of advanced routing policies using route maps with Cisco IOS Software and Routing Policy Language (RPL) with Cisco IOS XR Software. The course also focuses on monitoring and troubleshooting these technologies in service provider environments. The course is also intended to help prepare students for the CCNP SP Operations certification exam.
Duration: 5 days
Price (excl. VAT):
- £ 2,595.-
Cisco Learning Credits:
Please contact your Account Manager for CLC value.