Maintaining Cisco Service Provider Quality of Service (MSPQS)
The Maintaining Cisco Service Provider Quality of Service (MSPQS) course is a three-day instructor-led training course, intended to help prepare individuals to pass the Cisco CCNP® Service Provider Operations (CCNP SP Operations) certification exams. This course and certification will also prepare and validate learner proficiency in maintaining quality of service (QoS) implementations in the service provider next-generation networking (NGN) network.
This course is designed to provide learners with the knowledge needed to implement, monitor, and troubleshoot QoS policies in the service provider network core and at the edge using Cisco IOS or Cisco IOS XR Software.
Cisco has announced the retirement of the complete Service Provider Operations certification program – CCNA Service Provider Operations, CCNP Service Provider Operations, and CCIE Service Provider Operations. Effective February 1, 2015, no new certifications will be issued in this track. The last day to test using any of the Service Provider Operations exams is January 31, 2015.
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Service provider network operations organizations, specifically mid- to upper-level network operations personnel like Tier II and Tier III support
- Generally, service provider customers or partners maintaining service provider Cisco IP NGN network infrastructures
- Customers pursing Cisco Professional level certifications for their career growth
- Personnel from mid-level or large enterprise networks that institute service provider operations, sometimes known as carrier-class-type operations
- General service provider partners, like Build-Operate-Transfer partners, service provider outsource partners, managed services channel partners
- Cisco service provider engineers, Cisco Technical Assistance Center engineers, Cisco Remote Operations Services personnel
This course is part of the following Certifications:
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Describe service provider operations, functions, models, and processes
- Demonstrate Cisco IP NGN Operations Associate-level knowledge
- Execute basic Cisco IOS and Cisco IOS XR configuration and monitoring commands
- Demonstrate service provider change management procedures
- Demonstrate service provider configuration management procedures
- Demonstrate Cisco IP NGN troubleshooting skills within a service provider core network
- Appraise and optimize performance in the service provider Cisco IP NGN core and aggregation network components
The following training is recommended in preparing for this course:
- Supporting Cisco Service Provider IP NGN Operations (SSPO)
- Operational Foundations of Cisco Service Provider Core Networks (OFCN)
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Identify the typical QoS requirements in service provider networks, list the solutions, and describe the change, performance, and fault management procedures for QoS
- Perform changes in the configuration of QoS based on designs and implementation templates, as well as ITIL®-based change management processes and procedures
- Gather and interpret performance statistics for QoS mechanisms using various tools such as show commands and SNMP-based monitoring tools, and propose changes and improvements that are based on the acquired information
- Perform fault management for QoS mechanisms using various tools, such as show commands and SNMP-based monitoring tools
Duration: 5 days
Price (excl. VAT):
- £ 2,595.-
Cisco Learning Credits:
Please contact your Account Manager for CLC value.
Currently there are no local training dates scheduled. For enquiries please write to email@example.com.
|12/01/2015 - 16/01/2015||Beijing|
|01/06/2015 - 05/06/2015||Shanghai|
|21/09/2015 - 25/09/2015||Beijing|
|23/11/2015 - 27/11/2015||Shanghai|