Implementing Advanced Cisco Unified Wireless Security (IAUWS)
Implementing Advanced Cisco Unified Wireless Security (IAUWS) v2.0 is a five-day day instructor-led course, designed to help students prepare for the CCNP® wireless certification, a professional-level certification specializing in the wireless field. The goal of the course is to provide network professional with information to prepare them to secure the wireless network from security threats via appropriate security policies and best practices, as well as ensure the proper implementation of security standards and proper configuration of security components. The IAUWS reinforces the instruction by providing students with hand-on labs to ensure students thoroughly understand how to secure a network.
On 22nd March 2016, Cisco announced a new version of the the CCNP Wireless certifications. Students working towards certification may be interested in completing the new courses and exams detailed here.
The exam related to this course is due to retire on 21st September 2016.
Who should attend
- Wireless network engineers
- Wireless test engineers
- Wireless network administrators
- Wireless network managers
- Mid-level wireless support engineer
- Project managers
- Program managers
- Other – sales and marketing personnel
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Translate organisational and regulatory security policies and enforce security compliances
- Integrate security on client devices
- Design and implement guest access services on the WLAN controller
- Design and integrate a wireless network with Cisco NAC Appliance
- Implement secure wireless connectivity services on the WLAN controller
- Use the internal security features on the WLAN controller and integrate the WLAN controller with advanced security platforms to isolate and mitigate security threats to the WLAN