Deploy, Maintain, and Troubleshoot Cisco IOS XR (DMTXR)
This is an advanced course that focuses on maintenance and troubleshooting of Cisco IOS XR Software in a typical network deployment. Although the focus of this course is on Cisco IOS XR Software, a solid understanding of the hardware on which it is implemented is a requirement. This course will detail the hardware architecture knowledge needed to effectively maintain and troubleshoot the Cisco Carrier Routing System (CRS-1) and the Cisco XR 12000 Series Router.
- Monitoring the Cisco IOS XR Software Operating System
- Managing Configurations with Cisco IOS XR Software
- Service Provider Network Architecture Case Study
- Using Cisco IOS XR Software to Monitor Traffic Flow on the CRS-1
- Installing Cisco IOS XR Software
- Using Cisco IOS XR Software to Monitor Traffic Flow on the Cisco XR 12000 Series Router
- Troubleshooting Packet Forwarding on Cisco IOS XR Software
- Optimising Network Availability with Cisco IOS XR Software
- Implementing MPLS Traffic Engineering (TE) and Fast Reroute (FRR) on Cisco IOS XR Software
PLEASE NOTE: Delegates need to bring a laptop and ethernet cable with them when attending Cisco Advanced Services classes.
Who should attend
- Channel Partners/Resellers
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Students are expected to already be knowledgeable about the technologies used in the course and how they are configured with both Cisco IOS XR Software and Cisco IOS Software. Students who are deficient in these prerequisites will be expected to do homework so they do not slow down the students who have met the prerequisites.
- Study material - Prior to class students will be required to have reviewed the videos, multimedia documentation, and textual documentation at www.cisco.com/cdc_content_elements/flash/carrierRoutingSystem/index.html
- Ability to configure Cisco IOS XR Software- Advanced Services Introduction to Cisco IOS XR Software course or equivalent experience in configuring Cisco IOS XR Software
- Basic knowledge of the CRS architecture and operations - Cisco CRS-1 Essentials course or equivalent experience in configuring Cisco IOS XR Software on the CRS-1Note: Because of overlapping content of the previous two courses, both are not required. Attendance in one of the two courses is strongly advised.
- Basic knowledge of the Cisco 12000 Series Router (Gigabit Switch Router, or GSR) architecture and operations - Cisco 12000 Series Technical Product Training (GSR) v2.0 or equivalent experience in operating and maintaining the GSR
- Comprehensive knowledge of designing, implementing, and operating a large-scale network for high availability
- Ability to efficiently use a command-line interface (CLI) to perform configurations
- Ability to configure, optimise, and scale dynamic routing protocols, in particular Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) Protocol, Intermediate System
- Familiarity with traffic engineering and load balancing principles and methodologies
- Familiarity with quality-of-service (QoS) and service-level agreement principles and methodologies
After completing this course the student should be able to:
- Deploy, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot Cisco IOS XR Software on the CRS-1 and the Cisco XR 12000 Series Router
Duration 5 days
Price (excl. VAT)
- United Kingdom: £ 3,461.-
- Please contact your Account Manager for CLC value.