ASR 1000 Series Essentials (ASR1K)
PLEASE NOTE: Delegates need to bring a laptop and ethernet cable with them when attending Cisco Advanced Services classes.
- Attendance at the Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2 Version 2.0 (ICND2) course or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS Software commands
- Understanding of principles of QoS, multicast, and IPSec services
- Module 1: Cisco ASR 1000 System Introduction Provides an introduction to each of the subsequent modules by introducing concepts and terminology used throughout the course. Includes high-level overviews of the hardware and software architectures and platform features. Presents an overview of the positioning of the Cisco ASR 1000 Series routers in enterprise and service provider networks.
- Module 2: Cisco ASR 1000 Hardware Architecture Provides detailed descriptions of the hardware components.
- Module 3: Cisco ASR 1000 Software Architecture Includes detailed descriptions of the software architecture and components. Includes information about the boot process, Cisco IOS XE Software packaging, release plans, and a high-level overview of troubleshooting Cisco IOS XE Software.
- Module 4: Cisco ASR 1000 High Availability Introduces the high-availability functionality. Includes details of the process involved in hardware failures.
- Module 5: Cisco ASR 1000 In-Service Software Upgrade Defines the ISSU features. Provides details of the ISSU process.
- Module 6: Quality of Service Describes the features of QoS specifically pertaining to the Cisco ASR 1000 Series platform.
- Module 7: Multicast Services Describes the Cisco ASR 1000 Series multicast services. Includes details about the control and data planes and describes multicast packet flows. Explains the multicast replication process and multicast high-availability process and includes commands used for troubleshooting multicast.
- Module 8: Security Services Introduces security services and includes information about IPSec and IPSec highavailability implementations. Details of multigigabit firewall and NetFlow Event Logging are included.
- (Optional) Appendix: Enterprise and Service Provider Solutions
This is an instructor-led course that presents the major features, functions, characteristics, and connectivity options of the Cisco® ASR 1000 Series routers in enterprise and service provider environments. It includes detailed platform-specific information on the hardware and Cisco IOS® XE Software Release 2 operations. Also included is the functional operation of high availability, In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU), quality of service (QoS), security, and multicast services in the Cisco ASR 1000 Series routers. Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- List and describe features, benefits, and functions of the Cisco ASR 1000 Series routers
- List and describe the architecture, features, and functions of hardware elements of the 2RU, 4RU, and 6RU chassis, route processor, embedded services processor (ESP), SPA interface processor (SIP), QuantumFlow processor, and power requirements
- Explain the Cisco ASR 1000 operating system and functionality
- Describe the way packets are processed and list the various components in this process
- Install software in and successfully reboot a Cisco ASR 1000 Series router
- Initiate a failover and describe the Cisco ASR 1000 high-availability capabilities
- Install software and describe the Cisco ASR 1000 ISSU capabilities
- Explain how QoS is implemented in hardware and how QoS features provide improved and more predictable network service
- Describe and configure QoS for ingress queueing and egress shaping
- Describe and configure multicast services
- Describe and configure IP Security (IPSec) and firewall/Network Address Translation (NAT) services
Duration: 4 days
Price (excl. VAT):
- US$ 3,750.-
Cisco Learning Credits:
Please contact your Account Manager for CLC value.
Currently there are no local training dates scheduled. For enquiries please write to email@example.com.
|02/06/2014 - 05/06/2014||Stockholm|
|19/08/2014 - 22/08/2014||San Jose TBD|
|19/05/2014 - 22/05/2014||Beijing|
|08/07/2014 - 11/07/2014||Johannesburg|