Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security)
The CCNP Security certification program is job–role-based for the Cisco Network Security Engineer responsible for security in routers, switches, networking devices, and appliances. Skills validated in the program include choosing, deploying, supporting, and troubleshooting Firewalls, VPNs, and IDS/IPS solutions for their networking environments.
In addition, The National Security Agency (NSA) and the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) recognizes that Cisco CCNP Security courseware meets the CNSS 4013 training standard.
CCNA Security or any CCIE Certification can act as a pre-requisite.
Recommended training for this certification
- Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS)
- Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions v1.5 (SITCS)
or Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions v1.0 (SITCS)
- Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions (SISAS)
- Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions (SIMOS)
- 300-206 SENSS
- 300-207 SITCS v1.0 or 300-210 SITCS v 1.5
- 300-208 SISAS
- 300-209 SIMOS
Cisco professional level certifications are valid for three years.
To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional level exam, or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications.
Achieving or recertifying any of the certifications above automatically extends your active Associate and Professional level certification(s) up to the point of expiration of the last certification achieved.
Cisco has released an updated version of the “Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions” (SITCS) course and exam, number 300-210.
The SITCS version 1.0 exam (300-207) will be available only until March 31st 2017. Students having completed version 1.0 of the SITCS course should take the 300-207 exam before March 31st 2017 to earn credit toward their CCNP Security certification.