Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security)
The CCNP Security certification program is job–role-based for the Cisco Network Security Engineer responsible for security in routers, switches, networking devices, and appliances. Skills validated in the program include choosing, deploying, supporting, and troubleshooting Firewalls, VPNs, and IDS/IPS solutions for their networking environments.
In addition, The National Security Agency (NSA) and the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) recognizes that Cisco CCNP Security courseware meets the CNSS 4013 training standard.
- Valid CCNA Security certification, or
- Valid CCSP certification, or
- Valid CCNA certification plus SND exam pass
Recommended training for this certification
642-637 - SECURE
642-618 - FIREWALL
642-648 - VPN
642-627 - IPS 7
Cisco professional level certifications are valid for three years.
To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional level exam, or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications.
Achieving or recertifying any of the certifications above automatically extends your active Associate and Professional level certification(s) up to the point of expiration of the last certification achieved.